Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Good oration

To be a good orator, I do think a person has to be morally good.  I don't know if that would apply today.  Because everybody who speaks or does speeches, such as the new candidates for presidency, can say what they want to say but what guarantee do we have they will keep their promises?  
For an inexperienced public speaker I would imagine they would have to stand firmly by what they believe in.  If they believe what they say then others would believe it too. Conviction is also a big part of it.  Unless you are a really good actor, then being morally good will definitely work towards strengthening public speaking skills.
I am terrible at things like debates, but when it comes to speaking in public I think it comes down to delivery.  You can have all the arrangement in the world but I have spoken in a public setting and sometimes the way you map it out doesn't always go as planned.  Especially if the delivery of certain parts of your speech weren't effective.

No comments: