Monday, September 15, 2008

Comm 105-Week 4-best and worst speaker

Let's start with the worst speaker, and I think everyone should know where I'm going with this.  The worst speaker I have ever bared witness to is none other than George W. Bush.  There are more videos and clips of him screwing up his public speeches than I have ever seen before from anybody.  Not only does he look like he gets that lost look on his face and ends up forgetting what he has to say, but he has also taken things out of context and applying to other aspects of his speeches, example: OBGYN's can't practice their love.....

You gotta be kidding me.  I am looking at a video of him right now and just holding my head in shame.  In shame that he is our president.  First of all, he really doesn't have a commanding presence and secondly, it just hurts me to hear his voice.  I think at this point everyone watches his speeches just to see what the hell he is doing to the country and to see if he screws up again.  I don't think anyone is taking him seriously anymore.

Now this next one may be a little odd for me but it had me thinking.  I was watching this guy named Joel Olsteen on tv and I have to admit, he has a pretty good character about him.  I'm not really into practicing religion, but somehow I don't think he was speaking about it too much.  He started explaining something about unity in communities and motivational stuff like that.  Stuff that would make yourself feel better about the world we live in.  The fact that he seems so passionate about it and optimistic about his speeches, impresses me very much.  So now when I see him on tv I say to myself, "What's JO JO up to now?" "What's crackin' JO JO?" 

It makes me smile, because no matter what other kind of horrible and god awful stuff is going on in the news, switch to ol' JO JO and he's there smiling and talking away about life in the world today.  I only wish I was that optimistic about everything.

No comments: