Wednesday, November 12, 2008

comm 105-etiquette

I think its important to try and carry your conversations as quietly as possible.  How many times have we seen people walk down the sidewalk as loud as all hell, talking to whoever, for everyone to hear?  How do they sound?  I think they sound annoying.  I've seen it done at the movies during the movie and I can't understand people who do that.  It's like they want to be yelled at by angry movie watchers.  And then they wonder why the other people are bent out of shape.

With answering machines its good to leave a message that says who you are and what you want.  Simple as that.  I can't help but to be silly sometimes and pretend I'm a debt collector plan to repo someone's car at a certain time of day.  I only do it to the friends I like the most.  By now they already know who it is and they just laugh at me.

Screen names and ring tones should both be selected in a respectful manner.  No one wants to hear "shake that laffy taffy" during a conference or a business meeting.  Screen names can probabaly easily selected by associating it with your name and business or just a shortened version of your name.

2 comments:

TheBloggingProf said...

Hi DJ Q! Where else have you noticed people engaging in 'rude' or out of place conversations? :)

LicizPieciz said...

your post was interesting!
I can agree in certain aspects of your opinion about ringtones, and the ways people are not courteous to the others in the room and placing this device in an appropriate setting. In addition, I do agree about people using their cells in the movie theaters and not being aware that the flashing lights and loud sounds are distracting to those who paid, a not so cheap ticket, to relax and watch a movie peacefully.
At times I do like to leave silly messages just for the sake of being goofy, but only to my closest friends,